Finally a super fun way to present cakes in pieces where you won’t feel so guilty eating it! these little bite sized cakes are fun to make especially with other people! WARNING - cake pops take a long time to properly prepare!! i used all store bought items! it doesn’t make sense to make it from scratch…you will see why! lets begin!
- 1 box cake mix (i used strawberry) + ingredients needed to make cake
- 1 can of frosting
- 2 bags of candy melts
- lollipop sticks
- 1 piece of styrofoam
- sprinkles (or other decorations)
- Make cake according to directions. cool cake completely. combine can of icing with mashed up cake. refrigerate overnight or freeze for an hour.
- roll into balls (about 1inch)…(if the cakes balls are too big it may be too heavy for the sticks)
- freeze balls for about 1/2 hour. melt the candy melts. dip the tip of the sticks into the candy melts. (do this right before the cake is ready to come out of the freezer) push sticks into the cake balls. freeze again for about 10 minutes. remove cake pops from freezer and coat in the candy melts. (at this point the cake should stay on the sticks even if you dip it into the melted candy melts.
- before the candy coating dries (it dries very quickly!) dip into sprinkles or decorate with other fun yummy things!
***a couple of tips!***
- the candy melts will be ready to use at a very particular time. after melting let sit for about 5 minutes so that the consistency will be a little thicker =] melt again if the candy starts clumping
- be sure to refrigerate until serving
- dipping the sticks into the candy before sticking into the cake balls will help the cake pops stay together especially when dipping